Temporary Full time (40 hours/wk) Wage: $40/hour (Commensurate with Experience) March 2nd– November 27th, 2020 Days: Mon-Fri
Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Construction Manager will supervise a crew of 3 to 5 Construction Labourers and provide management of the construction of two timber frame wooden gazebos, picnic tables, bike trail wooden features, and other wood infrastructure as a component of the Mount Abriel Recreation Site.
Key responsibilities include:
· Providing supervision, instruction, support, mentoring and performance feedback for 3 to 5 inexperienced Construction Labourers
· Performing management tasks, material acquisition, site logistics, and delegation in overseeing construction of two timber frame gazebos, picnic tables, bike trail wooden features, and wood infrastructure
· Working cooperatively with the Project Manager, Trail Crew Manager, other employees/contractors and volunteers
· Effectively communicating directions to the construction crew and ensuring goals and tasks as set out by the Project Manager are achieved
The successful candidate will possess:
· A demonstrated understanding and experience in carpentry construction projects including buildings, picnic tables, and/or other wood features along with strong management skills related to carpentry construction required
· Strong leadership skills with previous management experience required
· Ability to work with and follow engineered drawings / blue prints, and work directly with an engineer required
· Passion for bike trails and bike riding an asset
· Ability to work with environmental factors (cold, heat, rain, bugs), and perform physically demanding jobs
· Excellent communication skills and ability to follow and give instructions
· Familiarity with IMBA and aMTB trail standards an asset
· Applicable certifications will be an asset
· Criminal Records Check will be required
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining the position they are interested in and their relevant qualifications to Adam Balls: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting is active until position is filled.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.